Key To Fashion is proud to present that starting March 2nd, we will now be accepting consignment!
What exactly is Consignment?
Consignment is a form of resale business, where the customer brings in their own gems to sell/consign. Once the gems have been sold, the store owner, and the customer will split the profits.
Here at Key To Fashion gems will be on consignment for 50 days . If the gems are not sold, customers have the option of taking back their items, or donating them to Key To Fashion.
Items that aren’t donated will not be sold, and will be placed in our donation bin.
How much will the Consigner Get?
The Consignor will receive 40% of profit, from the items that are sold. In addition, they will also receive a coupon code, for any upcoming purchases, every time a gem of theirs is sold.
The Split is 40% Consignor, and 60% Consignee
What will we accept?
Key To Fashion will be accepting gently-used retro and vintage clothing items. Items that aren’t retro or vintage, and are modern day apparel must be unique, stylish, on trend, and high in-demand.
Gems That We Love:
– 70’s, 80’s, 90’s 2000’s Retro Styles
– 70’s, 80’s, 90’s 2000’s Vintage Styles
– Daring/Sexy Styles
– Stylish and fashionable dresses and blouses
– Retro and Vintage Men’s Apparel: High In-Demand
– Spring/Summer Apparel
– Vintage and Retro Accessories (Shoes are not included)
What do we mean by Gently-Used?
Gently-Used gems, are clean, have good quality, have no tears, or worn out areas, that essentially look brand new or “gently-used”. This doesn’t mean that you can’t consign a gem that has been in your closet for years, all it means is that the gem should be gently-used.
How does Key To Fashion receive your gems?
In-State (Boston Residents): Boston Residents you all have two options:
1) You can take pictures of your gems, and send an email to Keytofashionn@gmail.com, and we will send you an email back on the gems that we are interested in consigning, and we will give you a purposed price. After you can accept the offer, and we will ask that you ship your items to us. From the time that your gem is received is the start date of your consignment period.
2) You can schedule an in-person pick-up for Friday afternoons | Saturday Morning | Sunday Mornings. Please send an email of TWO timeframes that will work best for you out of the three, and the dates, and we will email you back. In person, we will look through your items, and let you know what we will consign. If you want to speed up the process, send us pictures of your gems, along with your TWO available pick-up times.
Out of State:
1) You can take pictures of your gems, and send an email to Keytofashionn@gmail.com, and we will send you an email back on the gems that we are interested in consigning, and we will give you a purposed price. After you can accept the offer, and we will ask that you ship your items to us. From the time that your gem is received, is the start date of your consignment period.
What Happens If My Gems Don’t sell within the 50 day consignment period?
If your gems aren’t sold within the 50 day consignment period, first thing, please do not feel discouraged. It hasn’t nothing to do with you personally at all, and it’s important for you to realize that. With that being said, this is what will happen:
1) In-State: You have the option of getting your gems shipped back to you, on Key To Fashion. You also have the opportunity of picking up, or getting your gems dropped off. Lastly, you have the option of donating your gems to our donation. Donated gems, will not be listed on the site, or placed for sale.
2) Out of State: You have the option of getting your gems shipped back to you, on Key To Fashion. Lastly, you have the option of donating your gems to our donation. Donated gems, will not be listed on the site, or placed for sale.
How Do I Receive My Compensation?
When your gems have been sold, we will notify you via email. In the email, you will have the option of receiving your payment via PayPal, Cash App, Venmo, Or In-Person.
Consignment is a great way for the customers to contribute to the resale fashion field, in a unique way. It is also a great way for the consignor and the consignee to form a relationship, which is vital in the resale business.✨
If you Fashion Icons have any questions, or concerns, please email: Keytofashionn@gmail.com.
You can also send a DM via Instagram: _keytofashion. If you have not followed the Instagram page, we encourage you all to do so!
We’re excited to embark on this consignment journey with you!
Key To Fashion
(Photographer: Nadeige Archin | Instagram: @colalakaymami)